Student Focused Teacher Led Virtual Series
Social Emotional Learning (SEL) for Classroom Teachers
Teachers across the nation are grappling with the challenge of meeting the social emotional needs of students. In this session, participants will learn developmentally appropriate strategies to support the social emotional growth of students. Scroll down to learn more.
About This Session
Meeting the social emotional needs of students is important to create a school climate and culture that is supportive and safe for children and youth to learn and grow. Dr. Melissa Reeves is a subject matter expert on this timely topic as teachers across the nation grapple with the challenge of meeting the social emotional needs of students in virtual, in-person and blended instructional environments. By the end of this session educators will:
- Establish the connection between the social emotional needs research and student learning outcomes.
- Learn developmentally appropriate strategies to support the social emotional growth of students.
Presenters & Panelists
- PRESENTER: Melissa L. Reeves, PhD. Immediate Past President NASP
- PANELIST: Natalie Hammond, M.Ed, Elementary Principal and Sandy Hook School Shooting Survivor
- PANELIST: Emily Vaughn, 2nd Grade Teacher, Forest Heights STEM Academy, Little Rock, AR
- PANELIST: Stephanie Kallas, Middle School Teacher, Grain Valley Middle School, Grain Valley, MO
- MODERATOR: Michele Gay, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Safe and Sound Schools